• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange banding Versacamm SP-540V - Pic attached.

Tony Rome

I searched all over the forum and don't see an issue exactly like mine.
I get banding on the right side of my media, it goes about a foot in some areas into my print then stops. I do have a little banding everywhere also, but these black lines are really concerning.
It seems to be getting worse.
It almost seems like a watermark, like it is actually in the material, it is not obviously but it seems like it isn't even ink.
Here is a pic...any suggestions?
Thanks!
banding1.jpg

banding2.jpg

Tony Rome

Clean your machine manually, then run a powerful cleaning cycle. That should help, if not check the profile you are using.
When you say clean it, do you just mean head clean where I power up with cleaning pressed, and just clean around heads, and then the capping station or is there something else to clean?
I know my wipers need replaced just don't have any in stock.
Someone said static, not sure if I am in agreement with that???

Malkin

I sometimes get similar patterns on Oracal 3165ra, was convinced it was related to either heat or static though.

rjssigns

Media issues. Thought our SP was having issues until I lined up the scrap. All the banding/lines were within millimeters on the right side of the media. Popped in a fresh roll of exact same media and it was perfect.

Tony Rome

Thanks....
Malkin and RJ, very interesting....I am using Oracal 3951GRA..
I am going to throw a different roll in after cleaning and trying again.
Thanks!

cfbeagle

I would call it static or fibers hanging onto your print head. the black lines outside of the print area to the left are usually caused by static. I have the same machine. Is it really dry in you work room? Get a humidifier going in there. it will help.