• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

strange banding

jimmeth411

So hopefully somebody can help. I am printing on a cjv30-160, and keep getting banding issues. I'm using flexi 8.6 to rip, and trying to print a solid gray. The issue I'm having is it will print lighter "strips" across the image, meaning about an inch will be the correct color, and the next inch or so is slightly lighter, then back to correct. I attached a picture, but not sure if its very noticable here. We tried cleaning the encoder strip, adjusting the feed rate, different profiles, different pass rates. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what it could be? We are out of ideas over here. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• gray pic.jpg
    gray pic.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 105

mudmedia

gradients in flexi = nightmare.

Try either flattening the file and ripping as a tiff or if you have photoshop try creating the gradient in photoshop and seeing if that fixes your gradient step issues.

jimmeth411

It isn't a gradient I'm trying to print, its a solid gray block. To be honest, I don't think we've had any problems with gradients or other solid colors, just this gray.

mudmedia

is the color associated with a logo or can you try a slightly different cmyk code for grey to see if it still is there?

jimmeth411

yeah, its actually a pantone color that we have to match. But we haven't tried changing it at all to test. We might have to try it and see how it looks.

jimmeth411

So I tried changing the values ever so slightly, and it still has the same issue. 1 inch of correct color followed by an strip slightly lighter. someone please help!