• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange Contour Cut Shape? Compressed- Pics Below

Jburns

Hello All,
So I have a strange contour cut shape being left on my vinyl: Note: the cutter reads the registration marks perfect. The Sensor Adjustment is SPOT on. ( see pic). It seems that the the contour cut is "Compressed" on the left and right side of the letters. The word "TEST" was printed, and measures EXACTLY as Flexi has it designed so no vinyl shrinkage).

You can see the "T"'s have a cut that is off in opposite directions on the sides or compressed. I can send the test file to anyone who would like to verify.

If you have experienced and/or corrected on your Graphtec let me know. I tried the recommendations provided by Graphtec support -I still have same results.

Equipment
1. FC7000-100
2. Gerber Edge 2
3. FlexiSign Pro 8.1v.1 HPGL mode.

Thank you for taking a look!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 142
  • photo (14).jpg
    photo (14).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 107
  • photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 104
  • TEST File JPEG.jpg
    TEST File JPEG.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 114

g&eprinting

Please make sure your blade holder is not damaged and holding the blade.
Make sure the tip did not break off and it is extended past the normal tip.
Put some oil in the blade holder.
Adjust blade depth in test menu to 5.1-6.8 area right in the middle.
Try with graphtec type 1 automatic crop marks.

Jburns

Thank you - I will try the tests above. The blade holder and pen attachment followed exact paths--but will check them both. it is very Repeatable- just "off".

g&eprinting

If that is not the case then try with your x and y axis with same .030 value.

I have full internal hidden menu if this does not work. I do not think you need it, just a little more adjusting.

g&eprinting

I had this issue and it it ended up being the blade would spin full circle when it felt like it. You only look a very small amount off.

Turn the blade holder upside down and drop oil right in there with the blade out. Make sure the hole where the blade extrudes through holder is perfect circle, mine was a little off and causing same issue, very hard to see it.

g&eprinting

The pen itself is not tangential as the blade would be causing this test to be slightly misleading for a perfect alignment test and test again. and it could be + - 0.030

Jburns

Many Thanks to G&eprinting.:smile:

1. I changed the Crop marks to Type 1.- the cutter was MUCH closer on the contour.
2.Re-verified sensor alignment and cut. I just had to make some slight adjustments +0.010 inch on the Y axis and got it nailed down.
3. Slowed speed to 4.

Here are the results. I think I will order a blade holder - I don't think mine is a genuine graphtec item- there is some "slop" when it is in the holder before tightening the collar. - it cuts well, but may be off slightly.

Thanks again- I hope this thread can help others dialing in their contour cutting on a Graphtec.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Test Final 2.jpg
    Test Final 2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Test Final 1.jpg
    Test Final 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 102
  • photo (14).jpg
    photo (14).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 99

Rydaddy

Note:

That holder matches ours, which I know is genuine. We did buy a generic one (holder) once... it is in the landfill somewhere now.