• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange GX-640 Cutting Issue

jeff412

I have a GX-640 that I am having an issue with. Hopefully someone has seen this and knows the solution. Graphic Solutions Group told me that they don't work on GX-640's very often, so they didn't know what to do.

When it is cutting, it will cut deeper when the vinyl is rolling forward than it does when the vinyl is rolling backward. the problem is that it cuts all the way through the backing in one direction and doesn't even cut through the vinyl in the other.

I've change the blade, blade holder, cutting strip, and slowed the cut speed down to a crawl.

I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Chambliss
www.stickertalk.com

lgroth

Never played with a 640 but I assume the cutter isn't much or any different from prior models... First thing I would check is for anything loose, pull the cover off the tool carriage and make sure all the mounting is tight and the spring on the top right of the cut carriage magnet is in tact. If anything is loose it could allow the blade to tilt in one direction and not cut, when it goes back the other way it would straighten out and go deep... Just a thought anyway...

jeff412

Never played with a 640 but I assume the cutter isn't much or any different from prior models... First thing I would check is for anything loose, pull the cover off the tool carriage and make sure all the mounting is tight and the spring on the top right of the cut carriage magnet is in tact. If anything is loose it could allow the blade to tilt in one direction and not cut, when it goes back the other way it would straighten out and go deep... Just a thought anyway...

I'll check that out.

Jeff