Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange happenings

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by JACsigns, Feb 26, 2009.

1. JACsigns

JACsigns New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Cohansey, NJ
    Hi all again,
    I have a bit of an issue with getting a contour cut to work right on lettering that has an outline then a drop shadow. some of the letters get the contour around the right areas, the others don't get it around the shadow.. I'm using Flexi pro 8 and new time roman for the lettering. I make sure all is grouped before the cut line is applied.. I've never seen this before.. any ideas??

Tags:
  2. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    I have Flexi 8.1 and would be willing to take a look at your file to see if I can determine the problem, e-mail me the file and I'll take a look.

PM'd e-mail address.

3. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Rather than adding a contour cut to the lettering, first try adding an outline where you want the cut to be. You can separate the outline, weld it, work on the nodes, etc until you get it just right. Make this amended outline transparent and add the contour cut to the outline. This is a workaround I use for problematic cuts.

4. JACsigns

JACsigns New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Cohansey, NJ
    thanks, I'll have to remember that ...

5. Arstron

Arstron Member

Oct 11, 2006
    One thing that I do, when I have a file with multiple outlines and shadows is I will select everything that needs to be contour cut, hold ctrl and drag it to the side with the mouse. This will create a copy of it. I then weld everything in the copy together, add a contour cut to it, then make it transparent. I center the contour with the original copy and then everything is fine.