• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange ink dropout

letterman7

Hello all,
Encountering a strange ink dropout recently. On this particular print it's very noticeable; the print has a solid block of color at the bottom with the text reversed and the same at the top. Center text is the block color. The blocks are printing fine; when the head gets to the center text the ink starts to drop out in one spot and bands the rest of the text. The top solid block is solid and fine, matching the bottom block. Cleaned the head, cleaned the T-fence (though probably didn't need it) and wiped the media (3M IJ180). Can't quite figure what's going on since it's localized to one spot. Maybe an air leak when the head gets to that point? It doesn't seem to matter what color(s) are printing, it's always in that same spot. Cables were just changed late last year.. maybe this cable is going faulty?
Any assistance/direction is appreciated!

Rick

IMGP5293.jpg

sfr table hockey

If it's always the same spot, I would check the encoder strip where that dropout is happening. If it is dirty in that area it may cause that issue.