• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange ink issue

graceman

Hi everybody, recently i got myself a few years old rockhopper I 62 printer. I have installed new heads & dampers, flushed the tubes. Having it filled up with Mutohs genuine Eco Ultra inks now i'm experiencing a strange issue - where the ink is laid down with overall coverage bigger than 160-200% (e.g. 100% cyan & 100% yellow or 65% cyan & 80% magenta & & 45% yelow) strange dark ink dots flocking in are produced - and easy to smear out.
I work with onyx rip, no matter what profile is used it acts the same way unless i manually decrease the overall coverage - downside is that prints are too light. I also played with heater settings (on, off, different temps.) but not very much difference. Having worked for years with water-based Mutoh Falcons i never saw this with pigmented inks even with 300%+ overall coverage. Any idea?

graceman

I have revised the media i got with the printer and double checked it for eco-solvent compatibility and it seems you're damn right.
None of those i have tried is really ECO-solvent certified, until today when i tested my friends true eco-solvent vinyl - troubles are away.
Many thanks for pointing me out RandyA