• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange issue with CorelDraw X7

Colin

When working on a file, if I open another file to get an item, Copy it, close that file, then Paste that item into the working file, the default "Pick Tool" is no longer the active tool, rather the magnify tool or shape tool text tool or some other tool is active, requiring me to click on the Pick Tool every GD time.

Why is this and how can it be fixed?

Very frustrating.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm starting to find alot of anomalies like that in X7.

I think you just need to submit a bug report to corel and have them look in to it for a hotfix.

Colin

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it appears that one needs to be within 30 days of purchase, I'm beyond that, so would need to "buy" support.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It doesn't sound like any sort of life-altering defect. More like a trivial annoyance.

You paid for the software, why should you debug it for them unless the great white fathers at Corel compensate you in some way?

J Hill Designs

seems I just found out that the space bar alternates between 'pick tool' and last tool used. are you accidentally hitting the space bar?

Joe Diaz

Colin

Thanks Joe. I did post it on the Corel forum some time ago, but nobody could help with this particular problem.

Joe Diaz

Thanks Joe. I did post it on the Corel forum some time ago, but nobody could help with this particular problem.
They might not have been able to recreate the issue, and if you cannot recreate it, its difficult to fix it if not impossible. There may be some outside factors at play, did you look into the space bar thing that J Hill pointed out? Have you tested it on a different computer?

Colin

It's not the space-bar thing; I do have X7 installed on another computer in the house, so I'll try that tonight. It sounds like such a trivial thing, but believe me, when you have to deal with it all the time it gets annoying.

Cheers.

Joe Diaz

It's not the space-bar thing; I do have X7 installed on another computer in the house, so I'll try that tonight. It sounds like such a trivial thing, but believe me, when you have to deal with it all the time it gets annoying.

Cheers.

Oh yeah, I know. I'm the same way. Those little annoyances can add up when you use something day in and day out. I hope you get it figured out. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I cannot begin to fix what isn't a problem on my setup. Has it always been this way? If not, maybe it's a windows update thing, those seem to always do screwy things.

Colin

Hey, I just thought of something, I still have X6 installed, and, all working files are still saved in the X6 directory; could that have something to do with it?