• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange issues with Flexi and Quadro FX1700

choucove

Greetings again all,

Recently we have been seeing more and more strange glitches occurring on one of our workstations using an nVidia Quadro FX1700 video card. Just to confirm it was the card we have tried switching the video card to two other computers, reinstalling fresh drivers each time, and each computer still is having some issues when running Flexi v. 8.1 in Windows XP.

The main computer we had the card on initially has Windows XP 64-bit, so I thought that may be an incompatibility issue, but it is still doing it on other Windows XP 32-bit systems.

Each user is experiencing different things really. On one machine, when they have many elements selected or have been working on a file for a long time, if they select several objects and then try to zoom in or out, Flexi seems to recognize the command and zoom, but the screen does not change. It still appears zoomed at the original level. If you try to reselect objects on the screen, you can see the selection lines underneath of the resized objects, but they are not visible. Very odd to even try to describe really. On another computer when the user tried to select several units and with a single click drag them over to another location, it instead rotates them on the screen in the process of the move.

Is this possibly something to do with the video card at all? Seems odd, as it is displaying and running everything else fine, and the card is only a year old. Or is it perhaps an incompatibility or settings with Flexi? Again, these strange things have been happening more frequently lately, but have been happening on and off since we purchased the new system with the Quadro FX1700 video card.

Thanks for all of your help and your input!