• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Strange lines Roland VP 540i

tery

Good evening to all and happy new year. I wanted your help if anyone had a similar problem or knows what might be causing these horizontal lines in print. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_204616.jpg
    IMG_20210107_204616.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 184

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like an encoder issue. I would clean the encoder along with the sensor. If that doesn't do the trick, replace them. I've seen that pattern on a locked DX5 head before but your machine uses a DX4 heads and as far as I know they never made locked DX4s.

tery

Looks like an encoder issue. I would clean the encoder along with the sensor. If that doesn't do the trick, replace them. I've seen that pattern on a locked DX5 head before but your machine uses a DX4 heads and as far as I know they never made locked DX4s.
thanks a lot for the response. I have a question what do you mean when you tell me about locked dx4?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
thanks a lot for the response. I have a question what do you mean when you tell me about locked dx4?

Epson made different versions of the DX5 head that would only work in certain machines. Usually when you put the wrong head in a machine it would print a similar pattern to your test print. I don't think they ever did it with the DX4s though so you issue is more likely the encoder.

tery

Epson made different versions of the DX5 head that would only work in certain machines. Usually when you put the wrong head in a machine it would print a similar pattern to your test print. I don't think they ever did it with the DX4s though so you issue is more likely the encoder.
Thanks a lot for your time. What you told me was valuable, I will follow your advice !!

tery

Thanks a lot for your time. What you told me was valuable, I will follow your advice !!
good evening again, I wanted to ask you if you have any other idea of what might be going on. I changed the movie and I still have the same problem. the same black lines are printed again

tery