• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

strange lines...

PhilaWraps

getting these random lines in everything I print. any ideas?

JV150

Attachments

• lines.JPG
    lines.JPG
    979.9 KB · Views: 166

papabud

Lone Wolf
it could be a small list of things. from encoder strip circuit board to a network issue.
something is corrupting your data looks like. so i would run the path your data takes and double check and test things
i know its not a great answer but a starting point

MACRO

Looking at your picture 99% must be the encoder strip. (If you didn't put your hands on the printer parts)

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
if you delete the file and import it again in your rip software does it do it again? Does it do it on all prints? If it does it again is it the very same pattern at the same place? You can also try a different cable that goes to your printer. It would be a lot less headache then changing encoder strip. I had a really weird print problem once. Not even my tech seen anything like it. told me to re initialize the rip software and change cable. Then let's talk. I re initialized the rip software. imported file again. Everything is good since.

MACRO

To be sure just put the print heads in the position where you see the lines.. set the origin there and do a test print. So if you get an abnormal test print in that position probably it is your encoder strip

MikePro

would those LED lights on the inside of your printer cover have anything to do with it? the encoder sensor is a photo-eye, and maybe not reading correctly at those points on the strip due to some glare?