• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange print cut problem SP540-V

Stagecraft

Printing and cutting bumper stickers in batches of 12. First batch results were perfect. After the second batch the profile cut start fine (furthest from keypad) but get progressively off (low) as the cutter progresses. Did an environment match, performed a print/cut test and made a slight adjustment to the feed setting, problem persists...suggestions?

Dave L.

If all Calibrations are to spec, and your wire tension is correct, I would replace cut cable (cheap part). If that is not the issue, there have been a handful of SP-540v's with a pinch roller bar not giving consistent pressure along the pinch rollers. Sometimes the pinch roller assembly cracks and even pressure is not given, thus the media walks from print to cut and during the cut function. Get a good dealer invloved or call Roland for help at that point.

Stagecraft

Thanks Dave, I don't suspect the wire as this is the feed that gets progressively off. Will take another look at the rollers though. Cuts are not skewed or crooked, just too low towards the end of the job.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Do you leave your pinch rollers down when not in use? I've had to replace 2 different wheels over the past year due to slight warping. Once replaced...tracked perfectly.
Take a look at your wheel closest to the carriage while it's up. Does it look a tiny bit slanted? If so...there you have it.