• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

strange problem, need help

Marlene

I got artwork from a customer as a PDF and wanted to take out one part, re-size and save as a jpeg. no problem, done this a ton of times in the past. this time, when I went to save it as small 72 res jpeg, I get a pdf huge file. now that has happened on this one job, all jobs created in Omega and saved as a jpeg only save as a PDF. the computer has been shut off and on several times since the first file. this morning I set up some lettering in Omega, resized so that all would fit on a piece of paper, saved as a jpeg and it saved as a pdf and at the full size, not smaller size. I can save as a bmp or tiff no problem, only when now when I want a jpeg, I get a pdf only. what happened?

Aaron Kitchens

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the most recent update to omega. There should be an option in the export dialog box that says "embed JPEG in PDF" But it does it default, you'll have to un-check it.

Tim Kingston

I don't use your software but was wondering if the file was saved or converted to 16bit colour? I see you found the answer. :)