• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange Problem with Colorspan 72UVR, please HELP!

airy666

I have one problem with my Colorspan 72UVR. It works fine, but if i don't print with it for about 12hours, next day it does not print anything. Purge is working fine, but when i try to print (prime bars, any job from a file etc) it works, but non of the heads is spraying ink. To get it working i have to shutdown and restart it few times (sometimes even 5times). When i get it working i can print without any problem, but next day it's the same story again.
Does anyone have an idea what's the problem and where i have to look at?
Thank you in advance

danno

Not sure if this will help, I ran one for about 2 years. Started having various head issues when management sent me a helper. Found out he wasn't cleaning the heads at the start or end of the day. When he started doing that, the problems we had went away. Hope it helps.

airy666

Thanks Danno,

I'm cleaning all the heads every morning and at the end of the day with "flush solution". It has to be something else..

airy666

It sounds like a leak or bad seal on the capping station.
Also check all the pipes for leaks.

SC

Where i can find the capping station?
Which pipes you have in mind, vacuum or ink?

I didn't notice any leakage. I have this problem for about 6 month, if it was an ink leak i would notice it by now.

I appreciate your help!

omgsideburns

I've got one of these machines, I've had that problem but only occasionally and it always fixed itself after a restart.

If your vacuum system is holding steady, then you're fine there. Check that your vacuum is between 4 and 8 inches on the screen. It might be that vacuum sensor going bad, I replaced mine after it started going intermittent and I haven't seen that problem since, but causation does not imply correlation. If the vacuum is toooooo high then ink won't spray, but it will still purge. Check for vacuum leaks on the carriage, and in the vacuum system itself. All of the parts that make up that vacuum pump system can be sourced from the internet by searching the part numbers on them. There is a small brass nipple in the vacuum system (in that box above the blue vacuum reservoir) and it can get clogged up and cause goofy vacuum issues. It's got a clear plastic diaphragm in the nipple, with a pin hole in it. Hold it up to the light and make sure you can see light coming through that pin hole. If not, just blow it out or push a needle through it. I believe I got the vacuum sensor from an electronics place, and one of the vacuum switches from a hot tub store. Funny stuff..

Pull the carriage cover and make sure none of the clear vacuum tubes coming off the heads are stained with ink, that would mean it's drawing ink up in to the vacuum system and that's no good and would indicate vacuum is too high.

You might clean your encoder strip if you haven't, it would probably throw an error if there was a problem with it but who knows. I wipe it off daily along with every other part of the machine since it tends to collect dust and overspray.

You might check that all your connections are secure. Something could have shaken loose. I'm talking about the printhead ribbon cables, and the data cable that runs to the carriage. That kind of stuff.

There's no capping station on that machine, so don't worry about that. It's not an ink leak.

If I have an epiphany I'll let you know.

wunder

1st you check the vacuum true the reservoir "if displayed the right vacuum can be but dont trust them for this time"

disconnect the vaccum from 1st Head Black......ink must drop......and so on 2nd cyan a.s.o...show display about vacúum pressure is going down !

all ok vacuum is not the troublemaker !

2nd all check all airfilter at the pump. you can all for test disassemble.

3rd fill all heads with air, cleaner and refill it complete.

all other is a electriacl problem so can help to complete reset the machine and reprogramming the eeprom and flash.

for reprogramming OHS/HEAD-Board noe problem but the flash TSOP on the IO-Board need very skill and special adapter.

but is very hard to say .....too little info for accurate help

best regards
wunder

Mspec

if you are still having this problem the most likely culprit is a failing power cable to the headboard. The bundle of black and red cables carries several different voltages to the board, the printheads run from the 36v power supply, and if you get an intermittent open on that power line, there is no voltage to run the PZ jetpacks. The printer will run just as if nothing is wrong, because the only time it looks for 36v power at the headboard is during the boot up of the printer. It can lose 36v and have it come back without any errors or warnings. inspect the red and black cables for wear, missing insulation, or soft spots in the cable. If you are at all mechanicly inclined, a field fix of the cable is pretty easy once you find where it is compromised.