• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange sound coming from spool ?

96XP

Have recently been hearing a strange pulsed sound coming from the wire spool area during long prints. I would say it increases at about 70% on a 54" printer, though is quieter from a cold start.
In order to source the problem and to find a remedy, I have made a short video for reference.
If anyone has an idea, please advise.

Thank you.

Addendum:
Would it be the scan motor?

Last edited:

FrankW

Depending on the model it is different, but around 1200 hours is not much, But the sound is typical.

96XP

Depending on the model it is different, but around 1200 hours is not much, But the sound is typical.
Thank you sir. One last question if I may; is there anything I need to do after installing the new?

FrankW

Depending on the model, there is a SERVO LOCK- and AGING-Check available for detecting if the motor works properly.

96XP

Depending on the model, there is a SERVO LOCK- and AGING-Check available for detecting if the motor works properly.
Just completed the install and was easy. The motor is a bit larger than what I removed and is noisier in terms of high-pitch sound. Gave it age test and appears to be solid. Have a couple large boat prints to run, about an hour and 45 each. That will be the break-in session.