• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

strange things happening around my area

gabagoo

I started noticing this strange behaviour by someone in my area of business. It is all centred around bag signs. First I noticed that at any intersection be it a major intersection or just a local intersection there would be bag signs on eachof the corners and there could be 1 or 2 advertising completely different things. What I started noticing was that someone was cutting just the phone numbers off of them. At first it was not apparent and then after a while I realized that some nut (has to be a sign guy) would stop get out of his vehicle and cut the numbers off the bag sign but still leave the bag and frame where it was. This was done with any and all of them. Weird ...and then it sort of stopped and this week I now see a different strategy. Now it seems this guy must get out of his vehicle and he pulls the plastic up high enough and drapes it back over itself which now hides the company name, but leaves the phone numbers alone and the bag sign just sits there. I guess he wants us to see that it is a definate protest against the signs and wants us to see it as I cant understand why he just wouldn't pull the entire sign out of the ground and just leave it there.

Grafix USA

That happens in a lot of areas. Sometimes the city will actually do it and f/u with the owner to remove the signs and pick up their citation. Othertimes, citizens will do it to make their illegal signs useless. Some areas can get pretty trashy looking with all the illegals signs stuck on all the street corners.

Bill43mx

Poly bag on a wire frame:

Attachments

• BagSign3.gif
    BagSign3.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 240

gabagoo

I am pretty sure it is not the city. I feel it is an angry sign guy who has lost all the coro biz. A few years back someone was posting these other signs all across the city and it was a 2' x 4' piece of coro with a spray painted sign that read tints $99 and a phone number along the bottom. They were everywhere. I even saw them in out of the way places and oddly over time every phone number was cut off leaving the sign with the obvious cut out number missing.... That had to be a mad window tinter!!!

3dsignco

I am so Glad those POS's are banned here. There is no bandit signs allowed in our city and if they get caught its a pretty stiff fine.. $300 or something

iceracer

I am so Glad those POS's are banned here. There is no bandit signs allowed in our city and if they get caught its a pretty stiff fine.. $300 or something

I have to agree, I think they are a travesty and I make it a point to not patronize those that use them.

cleanmywound

I'm in the middle of no where, and these companies put them up at the crossroads on the utility poles. There can be as many as 15 signs nailed to a pole, use a ladder, the higher the sign less likely for it to be removed. I hate them, but make a ton of them. Even have a "cheap graphixs" guy putting them up all around the county.

Cadmn

about every few months someone decides to sell the cheap crap "60 signs for 59 bux"
so they show up all over the place. first rain & there is trash every where from these signs.

John L

I hate them too. Worst offenders are the realtors from what I have seen. A buddy had one blow up and get atuck to his truck radiator and badly overheated the truck. I yanked it out and he called the realtor to bitch em out. haha

Dice

We get these people calling all the time for crap like this. They want 50 signs at $1 each. I ask if 1" x 1" is ok. They normally hang up.