• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange things that have happened - Twilight Zone Stuff

inthesignbiz

I live in West Texas.

Years ago, a friend of mine bought into a drive-thru burger franchise that did very well.

Shortly after he got started, I move to FL.

The same franchise had started and failed in Miami.
They had only been open a week and closed.

I looked seriously at re-opening it because the one here was
such a success. I inspected the building, got the funding.
It was a done deal.

Suddenly, I had to move back to Texas because of family issues.

About six months later, the friend opened a second location.
I went to see it before he opened and got the biggest case of dèjà vu.
The flat freakin' creepy kind!
I have been in here before!

He had bought the building I looked at in Miami and had it moved here.
I stood in the same building in two different parts of the country.
How often (if ever) does something like that happen?

I passed by that building today and thought it was strange enough to share the story.

What's your story?

CheapVehicleWrap

Had a designer send me artwork today and it didn't fit the truck. Not even proportionally. Having asked her where she got her numbers she mentioned a national chain sign shop. Now not only had that same shop removed the wrap, but they actually wrapped it to begin with. Shouldn't they have had the correct measurements? Just downright spooky if you ask me.

Firefox

Went to a luau on Maui and was standing in line behind a customers employee. A couple years later at another luau on Maui a customer got in line behind me! Then the next year at a third luau also on Maui an old friend from High School was seated across the table!

Moral: Don't go to more than one luau, they are all the same and there is too many Californians at them!

FrankenSigns.biz

As God as my witness, when I was 14 I lived with my family at the back side of 300+ wooded acres my father owned. Our driveway was a mile long gravel road. At the front of our driveway was another 3 mile county gravel road to the main paved highway. Our nearest neighbor was over 3 miles away as the crow flies. It was remote in the truest sense of the word.

I awoke one morning a half a mile from my home wearing nothing but my underwear. When I became conscious of my surroundings I was walking away from my home. It was around 6:30 am, in the dead of Summer.

In retrospect, I should have been terrified, but I don't remember feeling that way. I was a quite perplexed however and I remember I turned around and started walking back to the house. Here's were it gets interesting. With the very first step as I turned to go home, I was aware of how the gravel really, really hurt my feet. In fact, by the time I made it back home my feet were bleeding from the sharp shards. I went in the house to find my mother, father and brother still sound asleep.

To this day, I have no recollection of walking the half mile to the top of the hill, and often wonder how I got there without hurting my feet...

rfsign

Many years ago I was working for a company giving jeep tours. One day I was taking a husband and wife who were on vacation from Nebraska to a "ghost town" in the middle of nowhere. There were two roads that led to the ghost town. The one we were on and another one from a town 10 miles away south on a very treacherous jeep road. It took 2.5-3hrs to drive from the town I was living in to the one on the other end of the jeep road heading south of the ghost town on paved roads due to the mountains in between.

While we were driving up to the ghost town the couple told me about how they were farmers and they lived on a farm with the guy's brother and his wife and have done this their whole lives. This was their first opportunity to go on vacation in a long time because there had been a drought and it finally started raining enough where they could go away for a few days and not have to worry about irrigating. He mentioned that he spent everyday with his brother and that it was just good to get away and that his brother went on vacation somewhere in Colorado also but he was not sure where.

Well, when we arrived at the ghost town the guy in the back of the jeep said "hey there's my brother and sister in-law." By some strange coincidence they had gone on vacation to the town on the other side of the mountain pass and decided to drive their four wheelers to the same ghost town and arrived there at the same time we did.

Weird!

SignosaurusRex

I once ran off the side of a steep mountain (gravel) road only to be stopped by a huge cedar stump that caught the under-carriage of my van and prevented my family and I from plummeting down a 200+' embankment into a very ugly ravine. The two front wheels were dangling in mid air and the two rear wheels were barely on the road. Two days later when I went back to take a few pictures of the ravine and the stump that saved our lives, the stump was not there. No sign of it yet I still had pieces of it stuck in the under-carriage. In that same location, at the bottom of the ravine was a pickup truck. Same year, make, model and color as mine which I would have been driving had my family not gone with me. The gentleman that lived nearby and had driven me into town to get help the evening of my incident later told me that the driver of the pickup that was in the ravine had died from injuries and that the accident had happened the same night shortly after we were rescued and had left. The tow truck operator that had rescued us and our van was a very close friend and accompanied me on the return trip for photos. We searched the side of the road to no avail for the entire 1/8 mile looking for a stump that only existed for a moment in time. It still makes me shudder when I drive past that spot.

Mosh

Even tell the story about when I saw this truck out in my field? Late at night and after a few beers, or 12, grabbed a gun from my kitchen and snuck up on the truck, in my whity-tightys, thinking for sure I was going to get a burgurlar and ready to shoot...only to find that it was my truck that I had not put in gear and had rolled out in the field...
That scared the crap out of me and I almost shot up my own truck. A ghoats moved my trick is my point of view!