Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strangest thing happening with registration marks...???

Discussion in 'Roland' started by okeesignguy, Sep 5, 2013.

1. okeesignguy

okeesignguy Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Okeechobee, Florida
    I replaced my scan motor in my 540V Tuesday and then did all of the necessary adjustments...
    Everything was awesome yesterday (Wednesday) as I printed without problems all day...
    Then, right before closing shop, on the next to last print of the day...IT happened...

Printed both front registration marks perfectly...(the print/cut alignment ones / 4 circles at the corners)
    Printed the job perfectly...
    Then, on the two final "dots"...they printed all out of wack...out of shape...almost smeared...just as you would expect them to look when you have a dirty encoder strip...
    Well...I had cleaned the strip on Tuesday when analyzing the scan motor problem so I knew that it was clean but I cleaned it again anyway...

Next I printed that same exact print for the next run and it did the same exact thing, printing the first dots and the job perfectly and then on the final two dots was screwed up again...WTF!?!
    You would think that it would either print good or print screwed up throughout the entire print but it ONLY screws up the second set of dots...???
    My thinking is to go back in this morning and delete the job and re import it and set it up and rip it again and try again...???
    I don't really know what else to try...any ideas anybody...?

Tags:
  2. okeesignguy

okeesignguy Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Okeechobee, Florida
    The replacement went easy and fast...anybody with an allen wrench could do it...
    I don't know how old your machine is but mine is about 8 years old...these motors are pretty durable, but expensive...
    If yours is getting old or you suspect it is getting bad you probably should go ahead and get one because when it goes you are stuck...dead in the water...

That same file was deleted and brought back in and ripped and printed flawlessly 2 times and on the third time it did the same thing again...perfect first two dots, perfect print and then "smeared" the second set of dots...??? I don't get it...

Another two things that are happening as soon as I replaced the motor which seems completely unrelated is that one, when I open the front cover during a print it does not stop like it used to, it just keeps on printing...
    And, secondly, it does not "go to sleep" when left idle, like at night, when you come in in the morning and it is "sleeping" and you hit the enter or menu button to "wake it up"...it's already "awake" if you know what I mean...

But for now it's printing and I am just getting work done but I sure would like to figure these things out...
    Thanx!

3. Kev41

Kev41 Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Hi has it been left in service mode because it disable all of them features

Kev

4. okeesignguy

okeesignguy Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Okeechobee, Florida
    Some good thoughts...thank you :)

5. okeesignguy

okeesignguy Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Okeechobee, Florida
    Now that's interesting...how do I tell...?

6. okeesignguy

okeesignguy Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Okeechobee, Florida
    That's what it was...it was still in service menu mode...killed main power and repowered...
    Thanx for your help...HOWEVER I still don't know what the deal is with those crazy dots...:banghead: