• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaking from the rollers on VP540- argh

Gene@mpls

I have never had this particular problem before- printing a 4x12 banner with
a light tan background and I get slightly darker streaks wherever the center
rollers are. I ended up taking the rollers out and had no problems with the
12 foot long print- do you all use the rollers? I don't with 3651 (54") but I
always have on banner material.

tanneji

I never use the center roller. Just too many issues with it in general. With banner material we roll it out in advance in order to avoid the crimping issue that will crop up otherwise.

mark in tx

I never use the center rollers on paper or vinyl, but I always use them on banner.

I've noticed that there is a faint impression on the material from the center rollers, but it has never caused a color change, and the impression seems to go away within a few hours or days.
Are you sure it is a real color change, or is it just the light striking that area differently?

signkraft

I've had this happen with 3641, put never with vinyl banner material. With the Oracal, it was a heat issue. I dropped the heat and and the roller marks and discoloring went away.

Gene@mpls

Are you sure it is a real color change
Nope- definite color change. I just laid it out and it is 16' long- no wonder
it took so long to print- my daughter laid it out and I thought for some reason
that it was 12'. I think I am going to skip the center rollers until my experience
dictates otherwise. Gene