• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaking latex 360

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
I've been having streaking today with a specific modified profile, I changed my magenta ink today as well and had some issues with other profiles too but it went away after head alignment/cleaning. I ran a color calibration, a drop test and cleaning and am still getting streaking. This profile is modified to print this specific red so using another profile is not an option
20211221_121837.jpg

dypinc

Bad printhead? How much ink has gone through your lm/lc printhead?

Too many clogged nozzles or ink starvation.

How many passes?

As a test you could try raising you Inter-Pass Delay to slow it way down to see if helps.

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
I did the drop test and all my print heads read okay , I visually checked them too and they seem fine. One of the techs I spoke too mentioned ink starvation or air in the lines but it's only happening with one profile I believe. I tried printing with another profile and the red was fine but I need this specific profile because it's modified to print this red for the customer. 10 passes and I tried to increase the interphase delay but I only did 2 , not sure which number is best.

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
Yah that's what I'm going to do today, I just think it's weird that I can print red and other colors (not this specific red tho) on other profiles but not this one

dypinc

Since your not clarifying what you mean by profiles we don't know if your are talking about the Media Presets or ICC Profiles. By guess your settings are pushing the light magenta replacement curve to the max. If your passes are set too low you could be getting ink starvation or bad printhead that is having a thermal issue preventing nozzles firing when using it that hard. Slow it down, with Inter-Pass Delay or replace the printhead.

What is your pass setting?

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
Since your not clarifying what you mean by profiles we don't know if your are talking about the Media Presets or ICC Profiles. By guess your settings are pushing the light magenta replacement curve to the max. If your passes are set too low you could be getting ink starvation or bad printhead that is having a thermal issue preventing nozzles firing when using it that hard. Slow it down, with Inter-Pass Delay or replace the printhead.

What is your pass setting?
Sorry I mean ICC profile, I think it's ink starvation maybe. I printed today with the profile and only got one small streak so I'm sure in time it'll correct itself or I'll just need to start replacing print heads

Dizzy385

Graphic designer
He said it was 10 pass, I'd crank that to 20 and see what you get. It does look like ink starvation, assuming the bottom is the leading edge of the print.
Thank you! Going to try that, today I only got one streak so I'm thinking it's ink starvation and hope it'll correct itself by the next time I print with this profile

dypinc

At 10 pass he's pushing it with that kind ink lay down using CMKcm. But changing the passes to 20 involves creating a new ICC Profile. That is why I suggested using Inter-Pass Delay to slow it down.