• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

streaks in print

threeputt

Hi forum people.

Struggling right now with streaks showing up in the print. (see attached, although I'm not sure how well the photos will show up)

I know that it looks just like contaminants on the media (Orajet 3651) but if I run the very same file at standard speed, they don't show up at all.

I guess it's a profile issue, maybe then.

But I need the speed from my old SP-540V Roland so I run it on high speed. (getting a new VSi soon)

But if the media profile is wrong why would the streaks appear haphazardly, randomly, not a repeated pattern?

Any help appreciated. Would anyone care to say which media profile they use for OraJet 3651? (VersaWorks RIP)

Attachments

• streaks1.jpg
    streaks1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 65
  • streaks 2.jpg
    streaks 2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 61

djinnerman

How does your test print look?
Have you tried printing blocks of colors and seeing if you get any lines/streaks?

DerbyCitySignGuy

Do the streaks line up with your rollers? It looks like it could be dirt or ink transferring, maybe? Hard to tell exactly what it is from the pictures.

artbot

probably have a head going out. try a rip with variable dot turned off. if the misting goes away this shows that the head has lost its ability to print the super small dots.