• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaks in the black and the Cyan

Graphicdetailsinc

its a mutoh falcon outdoor 46. running flexi 7.6v 2 :frustrated:This has been getting worse over time, and nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have changed all my black values to print without laying down to much ink. I have tries soaking the heads with cleaning solution with a lint free cloth in 15 minute increments. And i have cleaned and cleaned the heads till they sparkle, and no matter how many cleanings i do nothing improves. I have been told this looks like misdirected nozzlezs, but as much ink that has run through these heads, and as much cleaning solution, how would this never change. Does this look like a damper issue? or is it time to break down and get some new heads?

Attachments

• 100_2492.jpg
    100_2492.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_2495.jpg
    100_2495.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 96

VinylCraft

Looks like you got fuzzys {lint} and crap built up around the head that drags threw the ink as it passes. Check your wiper also.

Graphicdetailsinc

its not a lint issue, i have cleaned this thing so many times i bet we have worn away metal :Big Laugh

anyhow i dont know how to do the adjustments on the head, but it is only in the black and a tiny bit in the cyan. This is a 2 head machine with 6 inks 3 colors per head.

Do you think replacing the heads will solve this issue??

BRUSHMARKS

Looks like the Head hieght is to low our mimaki does the same if i have it set for vinyl then put in banner. i would start there

Graphicdetailsinc

i thought about that too, however i have printed with the head hight up and down, (only 2 settings on this machine) and it makes no difference, it is not striking the vinyl, i think it is misdirected nozzles, however i am unable to clear them...... any tips?

Compilla

i thought about that too, however i have printed with the head hight up and down, (only 2 settings on this machine) and it makes no difference, it is not striking the vinyl, i think it is misdirected nozzles, however i am unable to clear them...... any tips?

Try cleaning the encoder strip.

How does the stair stepped black diagonal lines look in the nozzle test ?

sunbelt

Try soaking the pads

Soak the pads with cleaner fluid for about 1/2 hour. Then use a syringe to extract the fluids from the heads. You must be sure that the print head is in the home position and either have someone press it so it does not move or put a heavy object against it to prevent it from moving. Insert the syringe into the lines that run into the waste tank (1 at a time) and extract the fluid through the lines. This does wonders for your nozzles. It usually sucks out any clogs.

zgraphics

something is touch to make the streaks... Lint did that to me.. Make sure you cleaned
it pretty good or check your head wiper it may be dirty. good luck.

Tiogy

The print head may be misfiring due to static electricity or a bad print head. I had similar issues that were ultimately resolved by replacing the related print head. Temporary relief came by unchecking the microdot feature (if you use that) but, the issue later returned until the head was replaced.