Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Streaks on Prints

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Netter26, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Netter26

Netter26 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Iowa
    Hello, would anybody know what is causing these light streaks? Or how to fix the issue? The prints start off good, but after a couple feet these streaks start to appear. I’m using a Mutoh VJ1324. My Nozzle Checks are perfect, I’ve manually cleaned the head and maintenance station. The my Printhead is 2 months old, Maintenance Station is 4 months old.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Krissy Louderback

Krissy Louderback Member

Aug 5, 2019
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Sometimes after printing banner material something similar will happen, it always tends to be some "fuzz" from the scrim banner that is stuck to the print head carriage.

3. I am not familiar with Mutoh but I get the same thing when the humidity is too low with our Roland. Static electricity is causing ink particles to stick to the rollers and then be transferred to the material as it advances through the printer.

4. Eforcer

Eforcer Sign Up!

Jul 12, 2019
    Throggs Neck, NY
    Go to menu and find CR Maintenance click start. Once it shifts to the left use a cleaning cloth and wipe all the fibers and ink from around the print head. This should do it.

5. Netter26

Netter26 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Iowa
    Great advice, I’ll give all of that a try along with increasing the humidity. Thank you!