• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Street signs

Mosh

Be sure to use H.I. refelctive, it is a new federal standard on traffic signs. Common engineer grade won't meet the new standards.

Mosh

I think that may be true, but every customer I have done them for in the last two years or so (since this new reg came out) has asked that even the street name signs be in H.I. If you are selling these to a street department I would ask them what they want. Better that getting it done and being wrong.

makeasign

That reminds me...I saw a stop sign the other night. As I was approaching it it looked like the letters were black vinyl on red reflective. As it turns out, I realized as I stopped at this stupid sign, the fabricator of said sign, used red reflective and regular white vinyl lettering. From a distance, all you could see was your lights hitting the reflective and not see the letters at all...Just their outline.....REALLY BAD JOB!!! Be SURE to use both reflectives! Good luck!

Mosh

Why even mess with making STOP signs? You can buy them from Grimco for what you'd have in materials. Same with alot of standard traffic signs.