• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stretch an image with a "safe zone"?

Jumpshoutmedia

I read an article recently, and can't find it now.. it was a tutorial on how to stretch the edges of an image to fit a canvas while defining a "safe zone" basically a critical area of an image that won't be distorted during the stretch.. Anyone have any ideas? PS CS4.

Thanks.
-Dom

cptcorn

adad
I read an article recently, and can't find it now.. it was a tutorial on how to stretch the edges of an image to fit a canvas while defining a "safe zone" basically a critical area of an image that won't be distorted during the stretch.. Anyone have any ideas? PS CS4.

Thanks.
-Dom

I don't believe that would be acceptable in any case, unless it was a background texture or anything of that sort.

What I would do, is stretch your image proportionately to one of the sizes you need... and then use clone stamp or a similar tool to repaint the areas you need filled in.

weaselboogie

I saw something about that. There's actually a program that will do it too. It only duplicates background areas and leaves the subject matter untouched. I'm thinking someone may have posted a video at one point

GypsyGraphics

You could try... in PSD, duplicate your original layer twice. Giving yourself two layer to mess with while maintaining the original. Working in the upper duplicate layer, select the area you want to distort. Go to select, modify, border and adjust the pixel width you want to distort.

You'll probably want to then do some blending work to meld your two copied layers.