• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

STripe Kit for Holden VE

Xcesiv

Does anyone have access to a stripe kit something like this?

For the Holden VE

Attachments

• ve-ute-track-stripes.jpg
    ve-ute-track-stripes.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:

S'N'S

The Genuine kits actually not real dear to buy (not as cheap as making them). Damn, I had to replace the bonnet ones on a ute and had the rest left over, was going to keep them but gave them away or you could have had them.
The ute hard cover stripes are a PITA to get right because of the humps & hollow areas (unless its a dead flat one). If you want to make them just find someone that will let you measure their stripes as there's nothing special about them.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Seriously? just take some measurements, and make those damn stripes yourself. you don't need a kit if you're even 10% competent at your job. that is probably 10 minutes of measuring, 10 minutes of laying out and 20 minutes of cutting.

you probably wasted twice that looking for a kit.

Xcesiv

I am capable of making them either by hand or designing a cad cut version

I just thought if someone had done the work already they might b nice enough to share

rjssigns

Layout stripe boundaries with WrapCut tape. Whack some vinyl over the tape. Pull tape. There ya go.

Xcesiv

That works well for a kit here and there but i have 2 clients that want me to build kits for them to sell.

They r going to sell them installed and will want them all to look the same. Would b easier if i had a pre designed cadcut pattern i could work from

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
you're not going to find a pattern for that. most likely the one you see in that photo is from a mustang kit that has been bashed together, and thus why the angle of the strips when paired up don't flow smoothly ... it's ment for a more angled hood.

again. stop wasting time looking for it and do it yourself. in the same time as your 2 replies it should have been done already with such a SIMPLE design.

plus if it's your design ... market and sell it to the dealerships in your area.