• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stripe Kits

rjssigns

We can't quote those.. literally. We're not even that big. there's 7 of us.

Our overhead doesn't allow us to do these small jobs. At 300$ to do that strip kit. That's what 2-3 hrs? We wrap a Uhaul in the same amount of time, and make 4 times the price for just an install price. It's just hard for us to justify it.

Perfectly acceptable. Sometimes I get caught up in my world and try to apply it to other businesses. Your business model is much different than mine. You have to cover for 7 people. I just need to cover for myself and the wife.(and the shop dog) Wraps around here are nearly non-existent so I gave up on those a long time ago.

Short run, fast turn is where we position ourselves. Holographic decals for a line of fishing lures? We do those. Not long ago we sent an order of 20 garbage truck decals to the Virgin Islands.

Sign shops are like a box of chocolates. Ya never know what you're gonna get.:cool:

jfiscus

Rap Master
Restylers Choice should sell you the decal kit for that vehicle. Nobody is going to supply the files to you though.

rjssigns

Man, if that was the case, I'd be selling the sh!t out of them!!

You're welcome to try. Whole different mindset up here when it comes to spending serious money on a "sticker".(we've had that comment more than once) Upper midwest is ultra conservative when it comes to spending money on advertising.

I've bet other shop owners 50 bucks and give them an hour to find and photograph 3 full wraps in my town. Ain't happenin'. Are they out there? Sure, but you will spend a whole day or more looking.

Shop owners have no issue spending $400 to $600 for simple lettering on shop vehicles. Anything more expensive and it's a struggle.

You have no idea how many calls we get with folks wanting to reuse old cracked sign faces. You know the ones that need to have 10 year old calendared stripped off first. Of repaint rotting mdo or plywood just to freshen it up.:covereyes:

Or the guys I race with. No problem spending a grand for new set of slicks or ten thousand on a new motor, but tell them it costs a 100 bucks to pinstripe their car and the get all sickly looking. And that's after they saw my truck, said it was kewl and wanted to get something done to theirs. Are you kiddin' me?

Like I said before I'm done trying to educate/sell folks on the impact a wrap or even trick graphics can have. My time is spent more productively locking down jobs I can sell easily.