• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stripe on a pick up bed.

OADesign

Hi All,

Hope you are having a great Friday.
Hoping someone can help me out here. So I have a project where I'm putting a 4" stripe down both sides of a bed on a pick up truck (Tundra). So you know the area where the back of the bed turns? Right at the brake light where it turns to meet the tailgate? Well I'm accustomed to putting relief cuts there. Never had an issue before. But this one guy is giving me a hard time about it.

So I guess my question is, do any of you have any tips to turn this corner with out adding a relief cut? I am using AutoMark.

slappy

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

cajun312

The Tundra bed kind of curves inward where you go around the corner, probably making the stripe go upward on the tailgate.

SignProPlus-Chip

Wouldn't the stripe stop at the tail light, or does part of the stripe go above or below it?

I just did a full wrap on a Tundra, and I can't figure out where your problem is. Either remove the tail light, cut the stripe and start new on the tailgate, or heat the curve, pull it straight then trim it out.