Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stripe on a pick up bed.

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by OADesign, Oct 5, 2012.

1. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    Hi All,

Hope you are having a great Friday.
    Hoping someone can help me out here. So I have a project where I'm putting a 4" stripe down both sides of a bed on a pick up truck (Tundra). So you know the area where the back of the bed turns? Right at the brake light where it turns to meet the tailgate? Well I'm accustomed to putting relief cuts there. Never had an issue before. But this one guy is giving me a hard time about it.

So I guess my question is, do any of you have any tips to turn this corner with out adding a relief cut? I am using AutoMark.

Tags:
  2. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    [​IMG]

3. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    I was getting really annoyed with the the guy so let him take of and I told him I would redo the job next week.

4. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    ny
    figure out the curve and cut the vinyl so you don't have to manipulate it.

5. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    The Tundra bed kind of curves inward where you go around the corner, probably making the stripe go upward on the tailgate.

6. SignProPlus-Chip

SignProPlus-Chip Premium Subscriber

Feb 19, 2012
    Bluffton, SC
    Wouldn't the stripe stop at the tail light, or does part of the stripe go above or below it?

I just did a full wrap on a Tundra, and I can't figure out where your problem is. Either remove the tail light, cut the stripe and start new on the tailgate, or heat the curve, pull it straight then trim it out.

7. carter75

carter75 Member

Jul 5, 2012