• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stripes (Hor.) on HP L25500 - less Magenta?

muelli75

Hi out there!

Since a few days, I cant print more than 50cm long without stripes. For the first few centimeters, the print looks well. But after a short distance, stripes appearing (see attachments). Sometimes the stripes disappearing after 40-60 cm. The stripes are fading in, like shown as in the attachment of the head-alignment-pattern.

I draw an test-pattern with 100% und 50%-filled rectangles, so you can see, only magenta ist affected. After I printed this test-pattern, I uses automatic printhead-alignment. So If you look on the printhead-alignment-pattern, you can see that there is obviously no ink in the printhead. Both printheads of M and LM are pretty new (290 and 316 ml used).

Do you have any ideas to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Attachments

• IMG_1197_small.jpg
    IMG_1197_small.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1199_small.jpg
    IMG_1199_small.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1200_cut_small.jpg
    IMG_1200_cut_small.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 98
Hi out there!

Since a few days, I cant print more than 50cm long without stripes. For the first few centimeters, the print looks well. But after a short distance, stripes appearing (see attachments). Sometimes the stripes disappearing after 40-60 cm. The stripes are fading in, like shown as in the attachment of the head-alignment-pattern.

I draw an test-pattern with 100% und 50%-filled rectangles, so you can see, only magenta ist affected. After I printed this test-pattern, I uses automatic printhead-alignment. So If you look on the printhead-alignment-pattern, you can see that there is obviously no ink in the printhead. Both printheads of M and LM are pretty new (290 and 316 ml used).

Do you have any ideas to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

One of your Magenta/ Light magenta heads need to be replaced or possibly you have air in the ink line of the light magenta. Did you recently change the ink cart for lm?

muelli75

The LM-Ink is near to end - do you think thats the cause?

Is it possible to "fill up ink"-like we do it on our mimaki solvent-machine?

BG, martin

Split76

try to clean that printhead few times from image quality maintenance or just change both printheads.. or choose change printhead and try to swap printheads if that helps :)

muelli75

Thank you! Sorry for this late response!

Swaping the Printheads was sucessful - the plotter is working well since this. :)

Best regards,
Martin