• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Striping a 2012 Mustang...Help?

deadman

We are putting a stripe kit on a 2012 Mustang.

It is the one that is 2 thin stripes outside of a wide stripe. How the heck to you make it go over the front bumper?

Attachments

• mustang help.jpg
    mustang help.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 53

Jack Knight1979

wrapping vinyl and knifeless tape.

lay down the knifeless first. Put down your vinyl stripes. Use the knifeless to get the dimensions and clean edges.

You can also mask off with painters tape and use a razor, but probably not worth it on a new mustang.

deadman

you have blown my mind lol idk what any of that is...

what if its a kit from Ford, pre-masked, what do you do?

ucmj22

uhg, just had to do this with a corvette (THREAD HERE) it will be harder for you with that lage center stripe, But I took the mask off when I got to that point so it would be easier to heat and work. that part took me longer than anything. heat and caress... heat and caress.... I Hate stripes.

Mike Drysdale

I have done a few of the Mustangs and have looked at a lot of Mustangs with rally stripes. All have a seem just under the first body line in the front bumper, top layer over laps the lower layer of course.

The change in direction made at the first bumper body line is too severe to be able to stretch the vinyl and still keep straight lines.

Hope this helps. Mike Drysdale:Cool 2:

deadman

ya if it was the kit with the 2 solid stripes it wouldnt be as bad. this one thick line down the middle business is for the birds