• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stroking a Contour Cut

Tim Kingston

I am a newbie to Flexi (7.6 ?) but I did look in the help files and didn't see a solution right off. I wanted to place a background colour behind a fairly complex contour cut ( that I also used to mask a bitmap). I do this in case the cut line is off a bit on a large print, so it won't show any white etc..

Anyways, what I did was exported the contour cut line as an .eps and then re-imported it, then I could edit the fill and stoke. This works perfect but wondered if there is a way to convert the contour cut line to a shape or something right away,so I can edit the stroke.

If I try and use a copy of the bitmap's shape itself , I have a hard time to re-align it exactly. That is why I like to use the cut line instead. Thanks.

R08

Instead of exporting just use the Edit/Duplicate function(Duplicate is in the Edit menu) .

Then change the contour (assuming it's be separated) to a regular stroke Arrange/Contour Cut/Release Contour Cut

Sign Works

I am a newbie to Flexi (7.6 ?) but I did look in the help files and didn't see a solution right off. I wanted to place a background colour behind a fairly complex contour cut ( that I also used to mask a bitmap). I do this in case the cut line is off a bit on a large print, so it won't show any white etc..

Anyways, what I did was exported the contour cut line as an .eps and then re-imported it, then I could edit the fill and stoke. This works perfect but wondered if there is a way to convert the contour cut line to a shape or something right away,so I can edit the stroke.

If I try and use a copy of the bitmap's shape itself , I have a hard time to re-align it exactly. That is why I like to use the cut line instead. Thanks.

Forgot to mention this...

I could be hearing you wrong but I believe your alignment problem when copying can be resolved by simply changing a preference setting. Try this.. Go to Edit Menu > Preferences > Select Tools Tab > Select Paste from menu > Check the box "Auto-Place on Paste and Import" (also enter zero for X & Y Offset settings). Do this and no alignment should be necessary upon pasting.

Manual alignment could be achieved using X & Y settings in Design Central.

Last edited: