• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Struggling with this one.

Here is a logo I am designing for a tax and bookkeeping service. The customer painted her walls with colors similar to the three Pantones and absolutely insists that these colors are incorporated in the logo. She has owned several H&R Block locations over the years and is stepping out on her own now. I'm sure she is totally against using anything green for that reason, as green would have been my first color choice, albeit cliche. I have made a few attempts and didn't like where they were going. Don't ask to see them because they were so bad I just deleted them from my hard drive altogether...and was left with this...my best attempt. I could definitely use some fresh ideas and someone else's perspective though. I've been toying with this thing too long, to the point where even the words are beginning to look weird.

P.S. Please don't be critical of my logo design. If you are, it will hurt my feelings and I will have to cry about it. Only praise will be acceptable for my efforts. Thanks. :thumb:

Attachments

• Logo 3 Proof white copy.jpg
    Logo 3 Proof white copy.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 82
  • Logo 3 Proof copy.jpg
    Logo 3 Proof copy.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 63

Salmoneye

I like it. Couple of kerning issues, especially between the 'P' and the 'l', I might nudge the graphic in towards the text just about the same amount as well. If you get totally creamed for this one I will be right there with you. lol

Salmoneye

Have you tried the center color in Plus? Just wanted to see it because I hate purple so much. Your client will probably love it.

Salmoneye

I might try ditching the second comma as well. Correct with or without it but I think it would read ok and get rid of the awkward spacing.

J

john1

I like the first one on the white background. Maybe make the pages not so tall so it's more realistic but other than that i like it! You could drop the commas and put a circle bullet also.

Jillbeans

Kerning needs some TLC.
I'd put the icon on the other side.
The tagline has the dreaded "and more"...do they also have a merry go round, ice cream, and ponies?
:)
I hate how it has "Taxes" twice as well but you may be stuck with that.
I'd try making the icky tagline in white inside a darker grey panel which might suggest a file cabinet drawer, with the icon (I think it's supposed to be folders?) above it.
Other than that, it's OK, just kind of "mah" and the colors are pukey but I understand her not wanting to use green.
Love....jill

visual800

something like this using your little symbols and colors of course

Attachments

• Logo 3 Proof white copy.jpg
    Logo 3 Proof white copy.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 71

Jillbeans

Really quick suggestion.
Not sure if there is a space in bookkeeping.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 75

TheSnowman

I like the originals. I'd just try personally to get rid of the gradient somehow, because that's always harder to work with on stuff when you have to do single colors, or cut it out.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am very busy at the moment and have a ski trip this weekend so I may not post more until Monday but I will post my revisions next week. I definitely need to adjust the kerning and I will be taking other suggestions into consideration, as well.

I am posting the version we are going with. After showing it to the customer it was immediately a hit. The only revisions I made were kerning adjustments and changing the way the tag line is worded. I probably would have toyed with it some more, but since the customer is happy, I am happy.

Attachments

• Logo 3 Proof small.jpg
    Logo 3 Proof small.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 80