• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

STS Inks

Richard G

Is anyone out there using the STS inks. I have for about the past 3 months and I have not had any issues until now. I having a problem printing on Oracal 5600 reflective. I have a JV3 160 sp II and I am not having an issues using other materials just the reflective. I have tried several different ICC Profiles, the ink looks as if it is scratched after it is applied. Not a smooth flow. Anyone else with this issue?
thanks

Richard G

Image worth !!

IMG_1362.jpg

Richard G

Yes I am in contact with them now but thought I would cover all areas. I am talking to them at Boca Raton, were I buy the inks. just up the road from us. They are working on it now but have not heard back yet.

Richard G

Tim, no, the media fresh off roll clean not touched by hands or on floor. I have tried areas on the media up to 8 feet in lenght. The reason I can say that is I printed out the job and then ran across the problem.

Richard G

OK I just put a scrap piece of 5600 that i had in the drawer and it printed just fine. So I have called my rep at Advantage and I will be talking with oracal to see what's happening. I had a 50 ft rool that was just fine for the first half now it has started this.
Oh well.
thanks for the support guys