Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STS inks

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Jackpine, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Tags:
  2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Don't know anything about them -BUT- if you are looking for 3rd party ink options may I suggest that you find someone with your exact machine that is running that ink and talk to them. Ask them if there were/are any problems, color shifts, printing on certain medias, of if they've had any supplier problems getting those inks. That is what I did and ultimately I made my decision based on their input - not the promises of the ink manufacturer/salesman.

In fact, you should be able to call that company and ask them to speak to 2-3 customers who are running your type of machine with that ink and get their feedback. *Also be sure to try to stress that you want to talk to someone near your neck of the woods, not necessarily same state, but maybe a 5-6 state radius.

If they can't do that - I'd walk away.

3. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    Cibersupply sent me a cart to try out. I'm going to do a few tests on the ink when I get a minute. I haven't had the time to check out the ink yet.

4. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    STS inks from CiberSupply

Jackpine, what inks are you using with your Mutoh currently?

5. artray

artray New Member

Nov 3, 2009
    STS Inks Use

I have used them for approx 14 months.
    I have an HP Z3200 44" Aqueous printer and have not had any problems with color shifts etc. Only had one problem last year with a cartridge that would not fit in the slot because each is a slightly different shape to avoid loading the wrong cartridge in the wrong color location but their tech support guided me to a simple tab cut with an x-acto knife to solved the problem. My last two orders this year were met with 1: a cartridge shortage (they actually asked me if I had any used blanks to return to them for refilling)
    2: a shortage on a few colors resulting in a 2-3 week wait.
    Other than that, they really save you money.