• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stucco finish on aluminum panels

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
How do you make that textured stucco material on something like 080 aluminum? Customer wants an eifs look on a monument sign but channel letters mounted to that. I've seen this done before but dont know how to make it.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
How do you make that textured stucco material on something like 080 aluminum? Customer wants an eifs look on a monument sign but channel letters mounted to that. I've seen this done before but dont know how to make it.
Matthew's paint has a sand texture or something like that as an additive. I haven't actually used it, but I think it looked similar to a drivit finish.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Might work on a flat surface, but ya might wanna check out how it will hold up vertically.

Smalts might be a possibility.​

pyramid signs

GO TO YOUR LOCAL PAINT STORE, AND ASK FOR THEIR TEXTURE ADDITIVE. MIX WITH EXTERIOR ACRYLIC LATEX PAINT, AND SPRAY WITH HOPPER GUN. SAME GUN YOU WOULD SPRAY ON TEXTURED CEILINGS. HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR YEARS.
WORKS GREAT, AND LAST FOR EVER.

Moze

Precision Sign Services

It's just Dryvit sprayed with a Stucco sprayer out of a hopper.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
medium texture Montex. Our local sign supply shops stock it. Water based, sticks like mad, topcoat it with flat latex paint and looks great. We shoot it out of a drywall texture hopper. I would prime raw aluminum prior but if you scuff the white finish on dibond it sticks just fine.