• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stude for OP

Tony Teveris

OP, I literarily pulled the Stude out of the garage today. No brakes so I guess I’ll have something to do this summer. We just sold my father in laws house and had to move items to you guessed it “my” garage.

I know you would enjoy the pic.

Attachments

• DSCN0268.jpg
    DSCN0268.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 94

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I spent my childhood playing like I was flying that same Stude in my grampa's driveway. He worked at Studebaker over 30 years before they closed up. Lots of Studes in my family way back when. I still have the bronze Centennial medal that celebrated 100 years of Studes on the roadways of the world. I'll never forget touring the factory when I was young with grampa and seeing the design studio. I saw a lithe little guy in there in a suit with a pinstripe moustache. He folded his arms and eyed me as I looked around awestruck at the full size clay models of cars and a guy airbrushing a full size car profile on the wall. Later on as an adult, I picked up a book on the famous industrial designer Raymond Lowey and saw a pic of him during his time at the Studebaker design dept and suddenly realized I had been in the presence of one of history's greatest designers when I was a kid. Oh yeah, OP, I hope ya enjoy this thread that was started for YOU!!!

Malkin

Very nice. I have a friend who is a Studebaker nut, he has several Larks, half a dozen or more pickups found in fields, and an Avanti that he used to drive but has been restoring for a while now.

OldPaint

ah man..............you a lucky dog........my favorites "studies" are the 53-56, that were 40 years ahead of any other car design. 57-60 GOLDEN HAWKS....... and ther is no pretter PICKUP THEN A 50-64 STUDIE!!!!!!
since i mentioned the pickup line, it dawned on me on day lookin at the new TOYOTA TUNDRA, it bears resemblance to the old Studebakers.

Tony Teveris

All original, it was repainted about 30 years ago and it's mine. Had a 59 Silver Hawk but gave it to my brother in law in Calf.

signage

Kwel now get to working making it drivable! Maybe wrap it with edge prints:doh: NOT:noway::ROFLMAO:
The car (Stidie) looks great!