• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Studs on aluminum street signs

DoubleDown

Hey all,

Quick because honestly we've never had to do this before. Customer wants to put studs on the back of aluminum .080 blanks like street signs. How or who should we contact about this...I've contacted several welders and none of them can do this so curious if there is a stud welder itself you use...if the studs are special, etc.

See attached for example

Thanks,

Attachments

• Stud.JPG
    Stud.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 164

J Hill Designs

I wonder why welders can't do it...maybe too thin...I've welded onto .063, so that shouldn't be the case...google aluminum stud welder...

chopper

there is a product call panel bond adhesive, it is used in the auto body industry for gluing structural parts of cars, it is a two part epoxy type adhesive but I think it would work great for your application, and it is stronger than welding, and will not cause distortion in the face of your sign, use an elevator bolt and glue them on,
//chopper