• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stumped on a SP300V

Tdewitt

Set up the printer last night with 3 medium jobs to print while I went home to crash. Got into the shop this morning and all was fine, jobs printed and cut just as they should. I set up the printer for a few more print/cut jobs and went to weed and trim the jobs from last night, when I turned around the color was so distorted I ran over and hit pause/cancel thinking I did something wrong with the set up.

After finding out all was right I decided to do a test print. The results of the test print revealed that cyan was dropping out to almost non existent. I preformed a powerful head cleaning, no ink pumping to the bottle though so I checked the capping stations for drainage while manually operating the pump, they drained fine so I assume that the seal is bad and I need new capping stations, But something was telling me to look deeper. I went to check my dampers and found that the cyan damper was just kind of sitting funny compared to the rest of them and when I went to touch it I found that the nipple on the manifold going into the damper was broken!

Is that common that the manifolds break without any rhyme or reason?? I reassembled everything and made sure the heads are on the capping stations until I can get parts in a few days, do I need to do anything else to be sure the cyan/black head doesn't dry out? I can replace the manifold and damper for a few dollars or should I replace the print head with both dampers?

Thanks in advance for any help.

woolly

can't think of a reason for it to break except for the last one to fit the damper was heavy handed
or if the manifold or head has been replaced in the last few months and a water based manifold fitted in error, the top will feel soft if thats the case.... don't ask :wink:

anothersign

You dont need to replace the head...

I was a tech for a Roland dealer in the Chicago area for a few years and we replaced the manifold and dampers on a few machines with no issues at all.