• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stupid CE-5000-120 question...

Bogie

Okay. Tell me about this "quality" setting... I've poked around in the manual, backwards, forwards, etc., etc., and I _know_ it'll set for either Quality 1 or Quality 2.

Thing is, I'll be danged if I can figure out where it tells me what the difference is. Which one is "better" quality? My local rep told me to use "3" which isn't even there... Sigh...

gvgraphics

My understanding is how it makes it's corners. Mine is set at 2 and have had no issues. I believe it really only comes into play at higher speeds. This is only what I have been told. Take it as you will.......

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Okay. Tell me about this "quality" setting... I've poked around in the manual, backwards, forwards, etc., etc., and I _know_ it'll set for either Quality 1 or Quality 2.

Thing is, I'll be danged if I can figure out where it tells me what the difference is. Which one is "better" quality? My local rep told me to use "3" which isn't even there... Sigh...

If memory serves this has to do with the number of chords used to plot an arc, a circle, and most any other command with a 'tolerance' parameter. If your software preempts this and sends it's own arc chords then this setting is, for the most part, meaningless.

Lots of software does most everything with the PA [plot absolute] and sometimes the PR[plot relative] commands and never uses any of the compound commands.,

vid

... My local rep told me to use "3" which isn't even there... Sigh...

3 ?... ha...

Ours has an 11 ---

"You see, most blokes will be playing at 10. You’re on 10, all the way up, all the way up...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What we do, is if we need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One louder."

Nigel Tufnel - Spinal Tap