Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid flexi question...

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Bogie, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Is there a way to convert every "corner" in an object to a more rounded curve without going through and doing them individually? And screwing up the drawing in the process? It's probably painfully obvious... I've got some art that's kinda pointy here...

Tags:
  2. grafxxx

grafxxx Very Active Member

May 15, 2007
    watertown ma.
    a slight contour or outline with smooth corners option check off. not sure what your trying do.

3. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    The easiest way I've found is to stick it in Illustrator and "simplify path" the art.

If that's not an option do an outline, convert the outline to curves, and then do an inline to get the outline back to where it's supposed to be. It'll smooth it out a lot better than this explanation sounds.

4. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Yeah, that might work - I'm just trying to avoid a doing a lot if it corner by corner... I'll give the illin' method a shot first...

5. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

I'm not aware of any way. What a pain, good luck.

6. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    If you select the whole object(s) with the "Select tool" (A) then select the "Round Corner" tool Flexi will try to fillet all the sharp corners in the drawing at the same time.

I see X3 in your app list - I'd do it there.

wayne k
    guam usa

7. dclet

dclet Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    fdsfdf
    incontra mon frere!

yes easy to do - node editing, select all your nodes and choose the round corner tool, ( 3rd one over or down) from the node tool as mentioned above. either drag the circle or enter a value in "design central" It only works on corners though.. do not expect it to make already round corners any rounder...:)

8. cfbeagle

cfbeagle Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Use the filet tool in Corel X3.:wink:

9. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

You are right. I asked one of the others here and they said the same thing.

I learned something new today...

10. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    select your design element then click the round corner tool then look at design central you have a choice of all corners, inners, outters, or selected.

11. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Simple enough. Convert the object in question to curves, if it isn't already. Then...

Activate the 'Select Point' tool.

Marquee select all of the nodes on the object.

Activate the 'Round Corner' tool. A shitload of little circles will appear on the object.

Set the desired radius in the Design Central dialog and apply. Only corners that can be rounded to this radius will be affected. All other nodes will be left unchanged.

Or you can take the cowardly way out and merely add a small stroke with rounded corners. Separate the stroke and weld it to the original object. This makes the object a tiny bit fatter but it preserves the nature of the object, like text. You can always clear the weld and delete the object that was the stroke.

12. Bogie

Bogie Very Active Member

May 17, 2007
    Corel ain't diggin' the process...

Ah ha! The Man from Guam has come thru! Now I just get to figure out how to set all the little things to a smaller size (rounded a little too much).

Thanks!

13. signguy95

signguy95 Active Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Drag the center point of one of the circle towards the corner (smaller), this will change the size of all the corners!

Jay