• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stupid flexi question...

Bogie

Is there a way to convert every "corner" in an object to a more rounded curve without going through and doing them individually? And screwing up the drawing in the process? It's probably painfully obvious... I've got some art that's kinda pointy here...

grafxxx

a slight contour or outline with smooth corners option check off. not sure what your trying do.

Pat Whatley

The easiest way I've found is to stick it in Illustrator and "simplify path" the art.

If that's not an option do an outline, convert the outline to curves, and then do an inline to get the outline back to where it's supposed to be. It'll smooth it out a lot better than this explanation sounds.

Bogie

Yeah, that might work - I'm just trying to avoid a doing a lot if it corner by corner... I'll give the illin' method a shot first...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you select the whole object(s) with the "Select tool" (A) then select the "Round Corner" tool Flexi will try to fillet all the sharp corners in the drawing at the same time.

I see X3 in your app list - I'd do it there.

wayne k
guam usa

dclet

What a pain, good luck.

incontra mon frere!

yes easy to do - node editing, select all your nodes and choose the round corner tool, ( 3rd one over or down) from the node tool as mentioned above. either drag the circle or enter a value in "design central" It only works on corners though.. do not expect it to make already round corners any rounder...:)

GregT

You are right. I asked one of the others here and they said the same thing.

I learned something new today...

John L

select your design element then click the round corner tool then look at design central you have a choice of all corners, inners, outters, or selected.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Simple enough. Convert the object in question to curves, if it isn't already. Then...

Activate the 'Select Point' tool.

Marquee select all of the nodes on the object.

Activate the 'Round Corner' tool. A shitload of little circles will appear on the object.

Set the desired radius in the Design Central dialog and apply. Only corners that can be rounded to this radius will be affected. All other nodes will be left unchanged.

Or you can take the cowardly way out and merely add a small stroke with rounded corners. Separate the stroke and weld it to the original object. This makes the object a tiny bit fatter but it preserves the nature of the object, like text. You can always clear the weld and delete the object that was the stroke.

Bogie

Corel ain't diggin' the process...

Ah ha! The Man from Guam has come thru! Now I just get to figure out how to set all the little things to a smaller size (rounded a little too much).

Thanks!

signguy95

Drag the center point of one of the circle towards the corner (smaller), this will change the size of all the corners!

Jay