• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stupid Question...

bendeane

What does the T Fence look like on a mutoh 1614. I am having a E074Err CR2 Current Error mid print and I've cleaned the raceways and am noticing that there is a few sections where the carriage unit is hard to move manually. I know there are a lot of threads out here that discuss this, but my anxiety is making me crazy and looking for some fast help while I continue to search the forum...

Thanks,
Ben

bendeane

That's what I thought, but when people talk about cleaning it, it seems like I'd break it because it seems so flimsy. Any suggestions on how to gently clean it?

bendeane

I've cleaned the raceway and lubed it and it still feels like I have some binding on the right side as it returns to the capping station when I push it manually. Are there any other areas that might need attention if it is binding?

randya

You could pull off some covers and physically take a look at the raceway and look for damage.

If it is at the capping station, then there is some resistance as it caps, which is normal.

But you can check for clearance, look for metal shavings/chips/etc to see if something is out of line.

Check the steel belt, check it for damage and movement.