• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimating to aluminum - Maxi Press Air or Manual?I

brinked

I will be making a purchase for either a maxi press manual or a maxi press air size 44 x 64

I was almost certain I would be buying the manual version. I called GeoKnight and spoke with Aaron who suggested I look at purchasing the air version because aluminum panels require a lot of pressure for a good print.

The videos I have watched on aluminum sublimating from conde and another reputable company both suggest very light pressure. David gross mentions pressing at 45 PSI to aluminum panels to avoid watermarks on the print which can occur if you press with too much pressure.

My needs are to press 5 12x24 aluminum panels at a time, and pressing a total of about 50 plates per day.

So should I go ahead with the manual or with the air press?

WildWestDesigns

Manual here without any problems. But on anything, pressure can be a deciding factor on a good print or not transferring, but no issues with using a manual.

R3 Solutions

Air without hesitation

If you can afford the air operated press, buy it. I have owned them all and would not purchase another manual press for long production runs. Just ask my employees which one they prefer to operate all day everyday. Aaron Knight knows what he is talking about. Large flat surfaces need pressure to avoid irregular pressure across the surface. A pneumatic press can handle it much easier and more consistently than a manual one. You will not regret it. If you buy the pneumatic and decide you don't want it, there will be no lack of buyers wanting to move up from the manual one.

brinked

You're right R3. I am going to go for the air version. I know I will regret not getting it to begin with and the last thing I need is being stuck with a piece of equipment thats holding me back, or always having me asking what could have been.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Atomic DNA

Go with air. I've got a 48" x 48" GK Maxi and do a lot of production and there is no way I'd go without air. You'll be glad that you did.