• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Subscription Mouse!

netsol

Have not used a mouse in 30 or more years.
are you one of those track ball people?

we had a local client who INSISTED on using a trackball on a machine that cut plexglass.

he killed the trackballs in a week or so each & couldn't understan why it was a bad idea

Johnny Best

are you one of those track ball people?

we had a local client who INSISTED on using a trackball on a machine that cut plexglass.

he killed the trackballs in a week or so each & couldn't understan why it was a bad idea
I am not a trackballs person and I know where my balls are and don't have to track them. I use a Wacom tablet.

WildWestDesigns

I am not a trackballs person and I know where my balls are and don't have to track them. I use a Wacom tablet.
Don't forget your trackpad, I know you use that on your laptop.

Only time my mouse gets used is when modeling in Blender. Most everything else is the Cintiq (I can see that going subscription, maybe have to go to a Huion after that, if that does happen, I just wouldn't be surprised, or I'll just have to do sketches the old fashion way and bring them into the computer (I still have one of those wacom pens that captures what you sketch on paper as a png file). Last is keyboard (even have extra loud switches to remind me of the good ole days) for gaming/programming/general text based stuff.

netsol

a wacom,
i have one of those,
(since the wife went in the hospital a year ago, i don't think i have had a chance to sit at my desk)

WildWestDesigns

Interesting with a little bit of different info about this: article

Now, I do like my Rolex watches (big fan of Submariner and Daytona, but I digress), but I would like them less if they had a subscription model. It's not analogous.

Just getting a little tired of this lazy method of getting perpetual money thru some type of subscription service.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
It's not just the subscription that makes them money. Most subscription apps/ software root themselves into your system to collect info, which is also sold. We're the quintessential free money machines for corporations.

WildWestDesigns

It's not just the subscription that makes them money. Most subscription apps/ software root themselves into your system to collect info, which is also sold. We're the quintessential free money machines for corporations.
That can be done without the subscriptions on software/drivers etc, the subscriptions just add insult to injury. Of course, given the OS that one may be using, that could be going on at the OS level as well. It used to be people would say: "If it is free, you are the product". Well it's not free and we are still the product.

WildWestDesigns

That actually pales in comparison what I spend on the horses and alpacas. And when I had spent over the years to build up that 6.0 PSD to handle 509 HP on all four rear wheels (not including the time spent putting all that stuff in that beast).

WildWestDesigns

What's an alpaca good for? Like, genuinely curious, I know some are sheared and such, is that your reason for having them?
Wool is a good portion (those that are allergic to sheep's wool(not me, just mentioning a fun fact) can handle alpaca wool), but they are also guard animals for the other livestock as well as they will go after predators rather vigorously