• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substitute For VE Q100 Plotter?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

OK... done all I could on my own - throwing in towel on this!!! I need to install a Vinyl Express Q100 plotter in Omega 2.1 and it isn't in the list. What can I do?

chopper

when I was running mine from sign lab I used a driver called grc61
do you have a driver listed like that, dose omega have a web site that you could look up drivers and down load them??//chopper

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
OK... done all I could on my own - throwing in towel on this!!! I need to install a Vinyl Express Q100 plotter in Omega 2.1 and it isn't in the list. What can I do?

If memory serves that's a rebranded Graphtec. An FC7000-100 I believe.

asignstop

Q100 cutters any good?

Sorry, I don’t want to be a thread pirate :thread
But before I ended up with my mimaki combo- I was taking a serious look at the VE Q100 vinyl cutters. They seemed like solid cutters (a lot like the new Graphtec’s) looked real sharp, and had the optical eye- as an add on. Plus the price was great - all the other cutters with the eye technology were/are a lot more expensive.
I ended up passing because I found out the Graphtec’s were made in Japan like mimkai, but the vinyl express was made somewhere in Taiwan I think (even though they were supposed to be rebranded Graphtec). Anyway would like to hear an opinion of an owner, could I go w/ the q100s when I upgrade to bigger equipment in the future? (Or by then maybe the Chinese plotters will have caught on to optical eye) Anyone here used the vinyl express, and a more “brand name” cutter –how do they compare.
Thanks, Ali

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Sorry, I don’t want to be a thread pirate :thread
But before I ended up with my mimaki combo- I was taking a serious look at the VE Q100 vinyl cutters. They seemed like solid cutters (a lot like the new Graphtec’s) looked real sharp, and had the optical eye- as an add on. Plus the price was great - all the other cutters with the eye technology were/are a lot more expensive.
I ended up passing because I found out the Graphtec’s were made in Japan like mimkai, but the vinyl express was made somewhere in Taiwan I think (even though they were supposed to be rebranded Graphtec). Anyway would like to hear an opinion of an owner, could I go w/ the q100s when I upgrade to bigger equipment in the future? (Or by then maybe the Chinese plotters will have caught on to optical eye) Anyone here used the vinyl express, and a more “brand name” cutter –how do they compare.
Thanks, Ali

It's a fairly new machine on something of a loan to me awhile. Actually, I didn't really want it... being a dyed in the wool Gerber guy since '82, who only reluctantly adopted a 24" Roland machine I love equally. Didn't really wanna deal with that big of a friction feed with the Q100. IN ALL FAIRNESS tho... I hafta admit the cheaper mfr.'s seem to have their game down. Had I never known the sheer delight of owning superior Gerber equipment - the best of the best hands down - I'm confident in saying I'd probably be bragging to no end about the Q100.

BUT... it reminds me of the Ford commercials in the 70's where they compared a big Ford sedan to a Mercedes and proclaimed that it was just as quiet and comfortable a ride as the superior German car. Sure, mebbe when it was new! However, any thinking person knows what would happen if the same test were performed when the respective autos were 6 months old! (Man - that was a stretch... what was I trying to say?) Oh yeah, I too do not trust cheap plotters for the long haul, and doubt one would ever be around 23 years later like my first Gerber - with NO maintenance issues.