• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate choices for post and panel signs

aerial

QCB
Been researching best substrates for post and panel signs. In the East most available are Grimco Maxmetal, Alumalite or Dibond. Alumalite has a thicker skin than Maxmetal, .012 versus .008. Laminators claim that the polypropylene corrugated core is stronger than a solid polyethylene core. We are using a frame so the edge is not an issue. I have used mostly alumalite in the past and never tried Dibond. What do you'all use for permanent signs?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Laminators claim that the polypropylene corrugated core is stronger than a solid polyethylene core. We are using a frame so the edge is not an issue. I have used mostly alumalite in the past and never tried Dibond. What do you'all use for permanent signs?

Alumalite or Alumacorr. There is a difference between the solid core materials and the engineered core materials, along with the thickness of the aluminum skin. Texas is right if you are using stringers, but we run 4x8's for a local reseller and they insist on Alumacorr because it's the most rigid. They put it up without stringers - and Nebraska is plenty windy.

Johnny Best

I use Fiberbrite panels. They will not dent or break down like ACM. Bums (homeless) won't steal them for recycle cash. Great for traffic signs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just finished this yesterday. 2" square legs with top & bottom cross pieces (stringers) the same. Welded on 12" x 48" x .080 face front and back. All mill finish is cleaned properly, primed and 2 top coats. Finished sign.... no installation needed..... $ 980.00

wyo ther frntl.jpg
wyo ther side.jpg

TSC1985

Just finished this yesterday. 2" square legs with top & bottom cross pieces (stringers) the same. Welded on 12" x 48" x .080 face front and back. All mill finish is cleaned properly, primed and 2 top coats. Finished sign.... no installation needed..... $ 980.00

View attachment 145511 View attachment 145512

How to do you weld the faces to the frame on a double sided sign like this? Do you do the sides then sand down flush and paint?