• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate Question

Photolew

Working on a project for a friend that does some volunteer work.. For my regular "work" I use a peel and stick material that I print on and mainly apply to walls.

My friend has a temporary display that he sets up often and would like to change the "signage" fairly regularly. The "board" is roughly 14" wide by 32" high, I had thought about using something like Coroplast but I was thinking perhaps something more "permanent" that I could just send him the material and he could just peel off the old and apply the new when he wants to change out things.

My question is options for a substrate that I might be able to use, of for him to get?

thanks

GB2

Old Member
There are many adhesive vinyls from most manufacturers available with a temporary adhesive made for just this purpose. As far as the substrate, anything will work, my first thought would be an aluminum composite.

Photolew

There are many adhesive vinyls from most manufacturers available with a temporary adhesive made for just this purpose. As far as the substrate, anything will work, my first thought would be an aluminum composite.

I have the vinyl. Problem is I am a photographer, not a sign maker. And Im just trying to help my friend out with his volunteer efforts. Im just trying to figure out what would be a good substrate that would last for awhile & be reasonably economical.

As I said this is sorta out of my area of expertise

BTW have any supplier info for aluminum composite?