• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate reccomendation....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Quoting some large flat signs for a corporate client of ours. These will be getting installed up high on a corrugated steel building. They told me another facility had some done the same size as 4 pieces each, 1/8" (.125) thick. Unless they pre-seamed some pieces I'm not sure how they made it as 4 pieces.

These are going to be 11' tall (just at one end, mostly will be about 90 inches tall) by nearly 33' long. I looked at .125 aluminum but the price on sheets of that is very high. Do you all think a 3mm composite would be fine for this? I was thinking for where the seams would be adding a 4" wide strip on the back with VHB and simply screwing them directly though the face into the building.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
6 oversized sheets will go 11' x 33' for ya. I'm not sure what you mean by taping them on and then screwing them, but we would instal an aluminum framework to the building first and then attach the sign panels to that. The holes will all have to be sealed up before you put the panels overtop to prevent leaking.

We did one at 12.5' tall by 39' long. If ya need a picture I'll post it later. I hafta find it.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Thank you sir! 25 feet of the right end is just a rectangle and will only be about 84" tall. The left end then has a big round emblem which sticks up. With 60" w panels I'd have 5 that are 84" tall then 1 panel about 132" tall, then the final panel about 96" tall (x only 32" wide).

Of course there is more..... below the main sign there will be 21 cut letters about 18" tall each. I was figuring on pre-attaching those to an aluminum track (painted the same color as the wall). Then that can just be attached to the wall as one or two sections.