• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Substrate suggestion for Vista inserts

signgirl8

We use Vista sign system a lot. A university customer is having issues with the inserts wrinkling under the lenses after a month or two, presumably due to humidity. We are using HP Photo Professional paper, 9 mil, printing on a 360 HP latex printer. Any suggestions for a substrate that doesn't wrinkle and can be printed on the HP 360? We bought 12 mil paper, Briteline, but it retains the curve of the core and we have print head strikes. I contacted Vista directly and their only suggestion was to apply vinyl to the outside of the lens, which is pointless as it still would require some sort of paper behind the lens. We used to use Optima OptiSolve 9 mil paper with no problem but that company is apparently out of business.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We have had the exact same problem. Papers wrinkle, especially at larger sizes. The challenge is finding a material that is very thin, but rigid. Grimco's Rollup material has worked well for us. We solvent print it, but I believe it is Latex printable. Magic POS pro would probably work, too, but is pretty expensive.

shoresigns

We had the same issue with moisture trapping on a large installation of Vista frames years ago. We ended up putting vinyl prints on 1mm PVC and tossing the lenses.

Johnny Best

Check out Lexjet for waterproof paper, give them a call, they sell HP latex printers and would know what to use.