• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrated for lighted sign face

tintshopplus

i need to replace a lighted sign face (2 sided) for a Giovannis Pizza. This guy wants to go inexpensive and get a yellow background with red and black lettering and graphics in vinyl. I haven't done anything like this before. Of course i know to use transluscent vinyl for a lighted sign but i'm not sure about the substrate. its 6' x 12' and will be lighted. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for helping a noobie.

Brandon708

You better check if the box is UL listed because if it's not you will be SUED!!!!!! well according to Gino anyway j/k

Use .150 Lexan

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You better check if the box is UL listed because if it's not you will be SUED!!!!!! well according to Gino anyway j/k

Use .150 Lexan

Hey Bran........ go suck an egg. :popcorn:

3/16" lexan and be sure at that size there are bumpers in there, or if something happens, they might come back to you for fixing.

washingtonsignguy

I had a job just like this within this year. Similar size also. Hanging 30' from the ground. That was a fun day but we got it up. Maybe ask around for what kind of equipemtn should be used for hanging a sign that size. I certainly wouldnt suggest our method (it was our first of this size also). And i suggest stopping by the city and/or county office and making sure no permitting is required and that the box is ul certified. Be sure to tell them exactly what sign you are working on. Different places differ in regualtions quite a bit. But i have learned it is always a good idea to ask when working on a sign that size. I also used 3/16 lexan.

visual800

on a sign that large your gonna need a pan face sign. Flat won't cut it. Best place we order down here is FACES, INC out of birmingham not too far from you for shipping.

Dont put flat faces in that sign you will regret it

signsbydebbie

Cheap means FLEX.

We use .150 Suncast Polycarbonate for that, hanger bars and bumpers required.

Reese Supply carries this in rolls up to 100" wide.

For 2nd surface we print reverse on clear and laminate it with matte white/clear adhesive vinyl.