• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

substrates from customers

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Typically no. There have been occasions where we have done it, but usually the boss says no, that it would be better to start fresh. One of those occasions is the large wooden A-Frame boards, we will reskin those.
In other occasions, we will produce the skin for them, and they can apply it.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
ok we are all on the same page. this customer got into bad habits with the last sign shop guy who was working out of his house.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Yes, sometimes I will. Before I agree, I need to see it and make sure the vinyl stick. Most times it's not a big deal. In the case below...I demanded a new substrate :roflmao: (I actually think this is pretty cool looking)

IMG_5553.JPEG

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I think I saw a scrap of it when I first started working here. So I can verify it exist

smoke as in translucent?
I've only seen "grey" but that was a standard 4mm

are the flutes wider than 10mm?

regarding customer-supplied substrate
we will produce the graphics to fit the size they provided BUT they have to install said graphics
that was one of the substrates he was supplying to me. And I really don't know how old it was. or where it came from.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I think you are talking about fluted polycarbonate. We haven’t used that before. You may need to talk to a plastic supplier. I’m not a fan of using customer’s substrates, but this may be a case where - as long as the material is clean - it will be easier to just use their material than to go through the hassle of sourcing it.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I think you are talking about fluted polycarbonate. We haven’t used that before. You may need to talk to a plastic supplier. I’m not a fan of using customer’s substrates, but this may be a case where - as long as the material is clean - it will be easier to just use their material than to go through the hassle of sourcing it.
i don't need it and i'm not looking for it.